Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Couldn't have done it without...{3}


My mom.

Where do I start?....

I can't even start with the pregnancy, I have to start way before!. I couldn't be the mom that I am today if it wasn't for my mom. For the example she has given us...of strength, love, courage, compassion and friendship. All while never forget to laugh. My mom loves to laugh...even during some tough times...I always remember her pulling pranks, telling jokes and laughing.

When she surprised me by coming to my baby shower, it was honestly one of the happiest moments in my life!.



Then, she put her life on hold and came to stay with us for the whole first month. If you're a mom, you know that first month is a "weird" one (great, but weird!)...you're emotional, tired, excited, happy, sad...etc...all at the same time. She was there through all of it...and while we did disagree on a few things, I have no idea how I would have made it through that first month without her!. The husband had to get back to work after the first week, so my mom was the one doing all night time (and day time!) feedings with me. That first month is a blur, but I know it wouldn't have been as special if she wasn't here.

Who else would still laugh (and by laugh I mean cry from laughing!) after a night of feeding babies every 2 hours (that's right, every TWO hours!). This was the sight of the nursery each morning:



Mom, thank you so much for everything you did.....for being there for us and for never letting me forget to enjoy each and every single moment. Te adoro mama!!!!!!!!!!

ps: I'm probably going to have to translate this for her ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ayyy hermana que lindo - Im tearing up over here!
Tienes razon mi mama SIEMPRE se rie, I forget sometimes. Gracias por este post tan lindo. Te quierooo
bbella