Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

...and then they turned 2!


Really...when did THAT happen?

This morning I woke up to cranky, loud, temper-tantrum throwing toddlers. I'm not kidding....overly dramatic displays from being so EXTREMELY upset. Because you know, being a baby is just not that easy.

I mean, you only have someone (that mean person known as 'mama') doing everything possible so that you sleep, relax, play, eat and enjoy the day. It has got to be tough.

What is up with that folks? Don't I have at least another few months before the temper tantrums start?. By that I mean, flailing legs, throwing toys, arching back and crying like I'm sticking acupuncture needles in their eye balls.

They weren't fooling me either...they would go from crying to laughing hysterically in seconds. They would be wailing (mouths open, of course) then Alex would stick his finger in Lucas's mouth (both still crying)...and then, they would both start cracking up (with tears in their faces) and laugh until they realized they weren't supposed to be laughing, they were supposed to be very upset!. Let crying resume until someone else does something silly.

So yeah, not a good day today here at casa de locos. Hoping they just woke up on the wrong side of the crib (is that possible?...hmm).

Tomorrow I want my happier BABIES back. Please.

Please.
Please.
Please.

Oh and I also want Starbucks to deliver my Pumpkin Spiced Latte over here.

Please.

Thank you.

***

Edited because I wanted to add a couple of pictures. This are the faces I saw today, all day long...the pictures are not from today (believe me, grabbing a camera was the last thing in my mind today!)...but just so you get the idea of the cute misery I had to endure!



And this is a picture from their 10 month "photo shoot" and the faces we're hoping to see tomorrow (I said Please!!!!!!)



2 comments:

Lani said...

They just get cuter all the time:) I am betting that tomorrow will be a much better day! I have rarely experienced more than one terrible day in a row:)

Jess said...

My little one is about the same age as your boys and I swear that a couple of days ago, I googed "temper tantrums and 11 month old"!!! I can't take it any more and I don't know what to do! Luckily, it not that bad everyday but I also thought we had plenty of time before the terrible two's tantrums.