Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Saturday, September 4, 2010

What? You've been gone?

{insert wailing noise here}

Lately I spend a lot of time hiding. I hide in the kitchen, I hide in my office. I hide. From my boys.

You see, they've developed what we like to call "mamitis" in Spanish. They love mommy, so if mommy is around, everyone must be on top of her....which I happen to love...I mean, have you see their faces?. For some reason, mommy also makes them whinny. They can be playing happily, then they see me and it's all over!....here is how hiding helps!.

Usually it takes an awesome couple of toys (aka: empty water bottles, for example) to distract the prey. Once they bite, I sneak out behind them and make my great escape. Mommy gets alone time, they laugh and play happily...it's a win-win situation.

I come out of hiding a few minutes later, they see me and it's over. It's like they realize I was gone and the whining starts....what mommy? you weren't actually here??? you mean we were playing happily alone? Where have you been?....baaaaaa, baaa, baaaa.

And thus the great escape and successful hiding skills were born!





0 comments: