Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Couldn't have done it without...{4}


My dad and my stepmom.

So as I told you, my mom was here with us that first crazy month. After she left, we got a new wave of rested grandparents to the rescue!.

This was a great month. We started falling into a more predictable routine and I started feeling slightly better about doing things on my own.

My dad & Isa would get here at 6am and take over the morning shift....I would then catch up on my ZZZssss. I learned how to do the nighttime feedings by myself, but it was always nice t know that come 6am I was off duty and could rest up!. I can't even tell you how precious that extra time was!.

Now a little more about why they are so great....and why I couldn't have done it without them!

My dad brings me sense of "peace". He is loving, caring, calm and so intelligent. He knew exactly what to tell me when I appeared a little "frazzled". He would play classical music for the boys everyday...and knew how to get them to nap better than I could sometimes!. He helped me start coming out of the daze and start becoming (slowly) part of society again...you know, doing simple things like getting out of my PJs and remembering to brush my teeth :)

Isa always brings a sense of "positive attitude"....and this time was no different!. She would get here with a huge smile on her face and leave with that same smile (plus a few spit ups in her shirt). She's very analytical, which I think is part of the reason why we get along so great. She really helped me to start thinking about a routine and how to go about it without driving myself nuts!. The routine we started at month 2, stuck until the boys were 6 months!...this was so necessary!.

My dad and Isa are a great example of friendship and love. I am so grateful they were here with us that 2nd month and couldn't definitely not have done it without them!!!!!!.

Gracias!!!! Los adoro!!!!!!!!




1 comments:

Isabel said...

Gracias querida por tan lindos comentarios. Siempre se trata de hacer lo mejor posible y sobre todo cuando se trata de apoyarlas a Ustedes y a los adorados nietos. LOS QUIERO UN MONTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!