Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Monday, December 6, 2010

It's been a while...and good bye, for now.



Hi!...Anyone out there? {echo}

It's safe to say life has been busy. VERY busy!!.

The boys are now running all over the place....I'm loving this stage, they're little people with big personalities already. Can I love them more each day? Yup, it's possible!.

Yesterday was my big race I had been training off and on for. Let me tell you, training for a half marathon with two little ones is not easy!. Just when you start getting into a routine something happens (like a MOLAR!) and you're out of your routine and completely sleep deprived. And we all know how hard it is to get BACK into a routine...

I didn't train as much or as diligently as I wanted to...but I surprised myself BIG time during my race yesterday. I honestly had no plans on running it so fast....but I went with the flow, didn't pay attention to my pace and just let my mind take over.

I completed the 13.1 (13.2 really, but I digress) in 2:02:24!!!!. That's a pace of 9'20''...which if I say so myself, it's freaking awesome!

For the running junkies, here are the splits:

9:04, 9:03, 9:11, 9:11, 9:18, 9:21, 9:29, 9:36, 9:33, 9:17, 9:12, 9:14, 8:53

I hit a "wall" at around mile 8 and thought "what was I thinking going so fast!!!?"...but then thought "well, now I have to keep at it and finish strong". And so I did.

I like to think I was inspired by my sister (a recent marathoner) and my dad (who ran many marathons and triathlons!) and was powered by the thought of maybe seeing my three favorite men at the finish line (wasn't sure if they would make it on time!)...add that inspiration and that power with a couple of energy gels and I just kept going.

So there. I did it!. Hopefully one day join my dad and my sister and become a marathoner too.

If you would have told me a little over two of years ago that I was going to be a runner, I would have laughed. I was never the big "athlete" growing up...I always thought I was pretty slow...and I just didn't think I had it in me. But I do...and I'm a runner.

It's been quite the journey and really the reason why I started blogging. I needed a way to let out all my excitement about running (without driving my close family and friends nuts).

Then I got pregnant and was all about my pregnancy ... wanted a way to share that special moment.

Then the boys were here and I wanetd to document all the love and craziness that comes with having twin boys.

And now..well, now they are MOVING. RUNNING. And the faster the move, the less time I have to sit and do anything. I don't have time to continue blogging....because I simply don't want to miss a moment right now ~ and it's going by too fast. I have a feeling that it's only going to seem like it's going faster!.

I do love to read everyone's blogs that I've "met" in the last couple of years...and maybe one day I'll return with all of my amazingly funny stories (ha!).

Thank you guys for letting me share a little bit of me with you these last two years.

Thank you to my dad, sisters, Isa, mom and friends that ALWAYS kept up with me here and left me the best comments.

So this is good bye. For now.


****

(but you didn't think I would leave without first leaving you with a few pictures did you?)

First, here are a few pictures of my two favorite boys:




And here are some pictures from yesterday!




Self picture of me with the best reasons to not have time to do anything :)


Adios amigos :)

4 comments:

Felix Saez de Ibarra said...

:-(

felix

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Congratulations! I'm so impressed with your run! I'm sad that you won't be blogging, but look forward to keeping in touch on FB =)

grumpytico said...

I kinda agree with you on how time consuming these things can be, the busier you are, the less time you have for this.

That being said, it's incredibly refreshing to look back and read what one wrote 3, 5 years ago? I sometimes would like to go back in time and kick myself in the ass for writing something stupid, but oftentimes I am thinking "kudos to you, young me".

Spewing your brains in a public place and looking back at yourself over the years is more rewarding than a photograph will ever be. This *IS* your mental photograph, and besides, it's a great for those who are far away to keep with you and your craaaazy life.

So I don't accept your "see you for now" BS. Keep writing, you won't regret it. Cheers chama!

Anonymous said...

awww :(

bbella