Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

To Flip or not to Flip?


That is the question!

My dear husband gave me a Flip so that I can capture all those moments when the boys are here.

I love it because:

- It's small and light, so I can literally carry it in my diaper bag!
- So easy to use....just point and shoot and you're done.
- Super easy to download...just plug it in (via USB) and IPhoto pops-up. That easy.
- Affordable, at less than $200.
- No cards, no CDs...just the flip and it's pop out USB connector!

I don't love that...

- The quality when shooting in low light is a little grainy. I think this will happen with any camcorder though (unless you're willing to spend $800+)
- When zooming in, the video looks a little jumpy...but that may just be that I'm a lousy video maker! hehe.
- There seems to be an issue with the battery. when I'm charging it, I get an error message that says "Too hot, charging paused". I hope that's just a fluke of this one and if I were to exchange it for a new one this wouldn't be an issue.

Haven't tried yet...

- To plug it on the TV and see what it looks like on the big screen. I would need to get a cable to do this...
- To burn a DVD and try it out on the TV. I just don't have blank DVDs at home to try it.



So, my loyal readers...yeah, all of you that have flips!. Help me out!. Come out of lurking and leave me a comment to help me make my decision.

Keep it, or get an actual camcorder?.

Most moms that have the flip love it....they say the only reason they have videos is because it's just so easy to carry it around and to shoot at any given moment.

Have you tried watching a flip video on your tv?. Was it easy to burn the DVD and was the quality decent?

If your vote is to get a camcorder...do you have recommendations?

Me and my future video stars (the boys) thank you in advance :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! My husband and I bought a HD Sony camcorder a couple of months before our girls were born and they're now almost 7 months old and we've used it 3 times! It's just not as convenient as grabbing our camera (Sony G10) and videoing with it. It works great for short videos, which is all we need at the moment! Good Luck!

anabella said...

Flippers keepers....

Alicia said...

I say Flip it! Flip it good!