Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ExerciseMilestone

Monday, September 20, 2010

I couldn't have done it without...


I am in SHOCK. In three weeks the boys will be ONE. Did you read that? O-N-E!!!!!

Do I cry? Do I laugh? Do I do a happy dance? Do I open a good bottle of wine from our wine country stash? Do I try to put them in a swaddle blanket and pretend they are little again?

Probably all of the above, with a few random things in between...but for now I'm going to be posting a series of posts on "I couldn't have done it without". In no particular order of importance because seriously these are the things I could just not have done it without.

Let's start with the obvious one, shall we?

"THE HUSBAND"

And when I say "The Husband", I mean it...that's actually what I call him, "husband". I know "sweetie or honey" are probably more common, but he's my husband and thus that's what I call him!. I think i was so excited when we got married to say "my husband"...that it just stuck, so now I just call him that on a daily basis.

Ok, back to my point.

Seriously couldn't have done it without the husband!. First there is the obvious reason. Yep, really couldn't have fertilized an egg (that would eventually split!) all by myself. So kudos to those little swimmers, or rather that strong swimmer that came by and broke my egg in two!

Then there was pregnancy. The husband was so awesome during pregnancy...what did he do that was so special?. Well, he let a lot of things go. When I had my moments and would lose it for random stupid things, he would always diffuse the topic and very rarely took it personal. Knowing that you have two babies on the way, not knowing if you would make it to week XX, etc can make any mom to be very nervous and emotional...he was always calm and that really helped me through those 9 (8?) months.

There's just one thing he didn't do......he didn't gain any sympathy weight! As a matter of fact he decided my pregnancy was the perfect time to get even hotter. Thanks husband.

Then there is this whole last year. Whoa, this year. I don't even think I can put it in writing but I can tell you that whatever dreams I had of him as a dad have been COMPLETELY blown away. He is the BEST dad I could have asked for my boys. Our lives have been turned upside down and finding that right balance hasn't been easy...but I can say that now we're stronger than we ever were. We are a family.

Alejandro, I definitely could not have done it without you. I love you husband.

Me and my partner in crime, right before we became "mom and dad"

1 comments:

Josh & Jessica said...

My girls are going to be 1 years old in 6 weeks! I can't believe how quickly the time has just passed me by!